Business Etiquette in the Corporate World
“Good manners will open doors that the best education cannot”- Clarence Thomas
You only have a few seconds to make a good first impression, whether you are meeting a prospective client or networking with power players within your industry. How you present yourself affects not only your reputation but also your company’s image, and a mastery of business etiquette can help even small businesses hold their own against their larger and more high-profile competitors.
- Learn techniques to engage with clients & colleagues in a polished and professional manner, ensuring positive first right and lasting impressions.
- Provide you with practical skills on how to make good first impressions, and with fundamental principles, navigate social and business settings with finesse and savvy.
- Project a persuasive, professional presence that showcases competence and confidence, gains the needed cooperation, build relationships and motivate others to buy into your ideas and recommendations.
- Become knowledgeable about proper conduct in formal and informal situations – at work and in social settings.
- Add power to your message through non-verbal “body language” cues (eye contact, gestures, posture, movement, e.t.c.).
- Navigate social and business settings with presence and savvy
- Demonstrate proper manners in a business setting, including:
- When to initiate a handshake
- Techniques to help you remember names
- Understand and be sensitive to cultural differences