The world of work has rightly turned its attention to relationships. The healthy tension between the relationship with oneself and with others, both personally and professionally, is at the hub of a fulfilling life. When these relationships are fruitful, there is dynamic movement and progress. When there is difficulty, the resulting dilemmas can provide the route map for the changes needed.
‘’Consider the following. We humans are social beings. We come into the world as the result of others’ actions. We survive here in dependence on others. Whether we like it or not, there is hardly a moment of our lives when we do not benefit from others’ activities. For this reason, it is hardly surprising that most of our happiness arises in the context of our relationships with others.’’ The Dalal Lama
21st century organisations require 21st century skills and abilities. Ongoing research suggests that one of the emerging distinguishing features of success will be higher awareness of, and improved ability in, the so called ‘’soft skills’’. One area that requires these soft skills, and consistently emerges as a challenge for today’s leaders, managers, and organisations, is that of developing and managing effective work based relationships.
Awareness of the importance of soft skills helps us understand more about how and why people create relationships, what they do to sustain them, what makes these relationships succeed and what makes them go wrong.
This course suggests ideas; knowledge, tools and techniques that will help people in organisations better understand what’s necessary to be successful in this complex and messy area.
- Help professionals deal with people problems at work.
- Equip professionals with skills to manage relationships with the boss/colleagues/reports.
- Educate participants on how to effectively deal with ‘’difficult’’ people.
- Equip professionals with skills to work in a team and get things done.
- Equip professionals with coping mechanisms to manage organizational and office politics.
- Train executives on how to be more effective in leadership roles.
- Help professionals manage change more effectively.
- Understand the skills, techniques and approaches for successful interpersonal relationships.